In these months in which many of us are forced to stay home, there are many citizen science activites we can do to feel less isolated or contribute to interesting research.
Here is a list of projects to contribute to from your home:
- Participate in the iNaturalist City Nature Challenge to track biodiversity aound us; if you missed the first part of the challenge, you can join in for the second part and help identify what was photographed by others.
- Help categorize galaxies in GalaxyZoo, one of the many Zooniverse ongoing projects.
- You can also track and count penguins in remote regions of the world in Penguin Watch (also hosted by Zooniverse).
- Take part in one of the Citizen Science Month online events.
Here is a list of Covid-19 related tools:
- If you or your community have been affected by the impact of the global pandemic, you can report your experience on CoronaReport.
- Flusurvey is a tool that monitors infectious diseases in the communities. It was repurposed from a tool developed to track the effects of the 2009 swine flu.
- Operation COVID19 is a project to track and prevent the spread of the virus.
- Check out COVIDbase for a continuously updated tracker of coronavirus related projects.
Photo via Penguin Watch